Here we are again, Brendan and I, with another 75 or so minutes of verbal diarrhea. I believe we’re going to settle with the B&J Podcast because, well, it’s just too easy. Each episode will have a different title provided by our friends. This one was provided by Matthew Harrison. He’s an asshole.
In this one we talk about movies, the Oscars, sex toys, Brendan’s illiteracy, 20 Feet from Stardom, The Act of Killing, the Dodgers channel, hashtags, and stupid sports fans. Well, Brendan takes up arms in support of the fans. I mainly trash them. And yes, there was more whiskey and coffee.
The songs this week we featured:
- Chinese Man Ft. Tumi – Once Upon a Time
- Diamanda Galas – Baby’s Insane
- Lords of Acid Ft. Critter – Rough Sex (The All Night Grinder Mix)
- X-mal Deutschland – Incubus Sucubus
This is yet another attempt at a podcast. This time I have a co-conspirator: Brendan. In this one we talk about:
- Oscar nominated films (aka talk shit about American Hustle, Dallas Buyers Club and August: Osage County)
- Our love of True Detective
- The editing of Grantland
- My need for a new baseball team to root for
- Other things I can’t remember thanks to the whiskey haze
The music selections include:
- Mogwai – San Pedro
- Karen Finley – Tales of Taboo (Radio Mix)
- The Mae Shi – Revelation Party
- John Parish and PJ Harvey – Is That All There Is?
We didn’t know what to call it. “A Podcast with No Name” seems stupid. Brendan likes “Macro-Aggression” mostly because I think the term “micro-aggression” is really fucking retarded. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
One bit of warning. This was our maiden voyage and we were armed with some whiskey and coffee. Just be warned. And sorry Faith.
You can play it on this page, play it in a popup window or download the damn thing. Look at the choices below!